A random assortment of my daily activities and ponderings. Maybe it will be boring, maybe it will be mind-blowingly exhiliarting. It is a grand experiment in exploring the brilliance of this thing those crazy kids are calling the "World Wide Web".

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Bridging the RA-Resident Divide

I read this article about being an RA over the summer that said the most important thing you must do as a resident advisor is to "bridge the RA-Resident Divide". You must connect with your residents. Well this one goes out to the sweet steam-vent side of 3rd floor Ehringhaus tonight...

(*Note- I'm in the lobby in my pj's getting hot water, completely out of it)

Me: Hey (resident)! How are ya?
Resident X: I'm doing alright, how was Field Day?
Me: Field Day was awesome! You should have been there!
Resident X: Nah, I was having a field day of my own at home.
Me: (slightly confused but trying not to show it) Oh yeah?
Resident X: It was opening day of deer hunting season
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (spills hot water)

Ah, I love my residents. They rock out like toasted PB&J.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should share RA stories some time. I had to write up somebody for having sex in a shower on an all male floor. Good thing it wasn't awkward.

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home