A random assortment of my daily activities and ponderings. Maybe it will be boring, maybe it will be mind-blowingly exhiliarting. It is a grand experiment in exploring the brilliance of this thing those crazy kids are calling the "World Wide Web".

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Chemistry...

In a continuing series focused on the effects of studying chemistry on the human brain.... this just in!

I was reading my analytical book and came to the sentence: "The grating is coated with aluminum to make it reflective" and I had to stop. "Coated? Coat...coat, coat?" You see, I was confused because I was pronouncing this word "co-ate" in my head (and then out loud several times) and becoming increasingly perplexed as to how I cannot recall such a short, simple word in the English language.

I mean shoot, I'm from out of state, I should know this stuff.

I even went to the far reaches of my intellectual capacity to find the answer to my problems-- Google. Alas, my confusion slipped away in 0.29 Google seconds when I received 37,200,000 results, the first of which being "Burlington Coat Factory".

And now the sentence makes sense, but I am still studying chemistry minus 5 minutes of my life.

Dang it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home