A random assortment of my daily activities and ponderings. Maybe it will be boring, maybe it will be mind-blowingly exhiliarting. It is a grand experiment in exploring the brilliance of this thing those crazy kids are calling the "World Wide Web".

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Random Hilarity

So I'm just minding my business on the steps of Wilson Library today, listening to my iPod, sipping coffee, and doing the DTH crossword like any normal college student when the most random thing happened. A girl pranced (a definitive fluid-like pace of skipping) out of the library onto the ledge next to the steps and stands right on the precarious edge of the concrete pillar-majig. Okay...not too weird... oh but THEN, what does she do? She pulls out a pack of cigarettes from one pocket, throws it to the other hand catches it, and puts it back in the other pocket, not having taken a cigarette. At this point, I'm still okay with the whole situation and, quite frankly, more concerned with finding a three letter word meaning "lace work" for 45 across.

Alright, she sits down. I see the weird tatoo that goes up her back since she's wearing a really short shirt and it looks like a barcode or something in the shape of a snake. Odd. Then, to top the whole ordeal off, she pulls out a pair of fingernail clippers and proceeds to clip all of her fingernails while humming an unrecognizable tune (I, of course, have turned off my iPod and peeled my eyes off of the DTH to focus my entire attention on this peculiar girl).

My hopes running high, I don't know what to expect next. Will she actually smoke? Will she eat the fingernails? Will she shout something to the quad? Will she do a little dance? Will she make a little love? Will she or will she not GET DOWN TONIGHT?!?! But alas, she stood up and skipped away, back into the library.

Oh Chapel Hill. Oh Hippie Liberals. I love you more than you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home