A random assortment of my daily activities and ponderings. Maybe it will be boring, maybe it will be mind-blowingly exhiliarting. It is a grand experiment in exploring the brilliance of this thing those crazy kids are calling the "World Wide Web".

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I learned all of that in one day?

So people go to college to learn things and I did just that. And today was a day full of learning. I learned that AP Bio only scratched the surface and I should be afraid. Very afraid. I learned that chemistry CAN get more boring (despite what I thought last semester). I discovered that giant hands projected on the wall of a lecture hall can be very frightening- subsequently I learned that letting out sudden gasps in large crowds can make others jump and give you weird glances. Ok, as if that wasn't enough knowledge gained for one day, there's oh so much more... I learned that I do, in fact, hate coffee. This I have known for sometime but thought had maybe blown over. I was wrong. I'll stick to convincing myself that there is caffeine in water. Let's see...next I learned that I should just keep my mouth closed in Italian. After I made fun of the professor for not knowing what ultimate frisbee was, I proceeded to answer several questions in a broken, non-comprehendable alien-morph code that I had mistaken for Italian. Man do I know how to butcher a beautiful language. In psychology I learned that films from the 70's should not include (very) close-up shots of men with beards and freaky eyes. I also learned that one must make a hypothesis before conducting an experiment. That was a doozy. (More like a snoozy- ha!) I learned not to make bad puns. I learned that "Tripper" buses do not take you to South Campus, but rather drop you at remote locations because of the drivers' inability to brake in the snow. Oh, and I learned that it actually does snow in North Carolina- who'd have thought? I learned to wear shoes with traction on the ice right AFTER I learned how it felt to fall on my arse on the sidewalk in front of a bus. This point was reinforced several times on the walk home. I particularly learned to make sure that there are no cute boys on their cell phones with their grandfathers walking behind me while I walk (aka "slide" and "fall") down a steep, icy slope in clogs. This brought me to learning that "(laughter) No, no grandpa, I'm okay. But the girl I'm walking with just wiped out again" is a less than humorous phrase.

I learned that I hate computers- 'nuff said.

But, altogether, I learned that it is OKAY to laugh at myself sometimes- or all of the time, which seemed to be the case today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home