A random assortment of my daily activities and ponderings. Maybe it will be boring, maybe it will be mind-blowingly exhiliarting. It is a grand experiment in exploring the brilliance of this thing those crazy kids are calling the "World Wide Web".

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Cover Stuff

Okay, first of all, read my conversation with Quinny below. It's hilarious. Second of all, I've been thinking about the book A Thousand Acres a LOT lately. I don't know why, it's really random. But I have also been thinking about the concept of a cover song a lot lately, probably because of the country music project I just finished. So I'm assuming that this is why these two thoughts came together in the middle of the night last night to wake me up to a profound idea-- A Thousand Acres is a cover of King Lear. I know you all will not be stunned right away, you might even think I'm a little crazy at first, but let the idea sink in and talk to me once you've reached the "I'm beyond amazed, Hayley is a genius" stage.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the "I'm beyond amazed, Hayley is a genius" stage long before your days as a dreaming cover designer (i'm thinking the one and only Mrs. Trashlady)!

Please let me be the photographer! I can take pictures of not a thousand acres, but a million acres of dead stuff! I think my genius almost matches your own.

Mrs. Krape would be so impressed - maybe I'll send it to her. She'd be so proud of your idea that she might fly all the way to NC and yank you out of college! Please keep sharing your thoughts... they are well accepted :)

8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home