A random assortment of my daily activities and ponderings. Maybe it will be boring, maybe it will be mind-blowingly exhiliarting. It is a grand experiment in exploring the brilliance of this thing those crazy kids are calling the "World Wide Web".

Friday, November 03, 2006

The Next Generation of Scientists

The world should be a little frightened of the next generation of scientists. Or maybe just of me. This only comes to mind now, as I sit here researching for my biology research paper in which we are supposed to point out the flaws in a previously written research paper of our choice. Not really because I can't understand a word of the literally over 100 papers I've read to find one, and not necessarily because I don't even know enough biology to KNOW if the crude experiments done on jellyfish in 1915 produced reasonable results, but moreso because I just used an "Ask a Real Scientist" website as a background research source for my project. I was specifically interested, as was 11-year-old Maryam from Ohio, in the discovery of membrane diffusion processes. I think the source is legitimate though, the person who answered the question signed his response "spaceman".

This is going to be a hell of a paper.

1 Comments:

Blogger deejinator said...

No offense, but all generations of scientist scare me. from what I have read, this is an interesting blog. Hope you don't mind if I check back from time.

Deej

5:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home